The lodge has a total of 15 cottages
9 standard cottages
5 deluxe cottages
1 family cottage
As Uganda’s mountain gorillas retire to the luxury of their natural habitat, our guests open doors to the comfort of our luxurious cottages. There is 1 Family, 5 Deluxe and 9 Standard cottages.
Each cottage is decorated with modern and African artefacts that are delicately blended to create a delightful abode in the wilderness.
The beds are draped in white linen and positioned in the center of the room, adjacent to the large aluminum doors that frame the break of dawn in Bwindi. The sunrise over the horizon is an invitation to enjoy a hot cup of coffee on the wide sheltered balconies, that guarantee an uninterrupted panoramic view of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest canopy.
The bathrooms are ensuite, with in-door showers and free standing bathtubs for a rejuvenating body soak after a long day of adventure. The bathtubs for the Deluxe cottages are fitted on the private balconies, giving guests opportunities to enjoy bathtub in the sky moments.
The Family and Deluxe cottages have modern in-built kitchens and dining spaces for guests to prepare their own meals.
All living spaces are furnished with sofas, heaters, mini refrigerators and a 50-inch flat screen television.
All guests are assigned a personal attendant to cater to their every need. This allows for more intimate and bonding sessions with family and loved ones, surrounded by the luxury that only nature can give.
- Exquisite lobby with fire place and comfortable lounges
- Spacious restaurant/dining area with two terraces
- Bwindi View terrace overlooking Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Virunga view terrace overlooking the Virunga mountain ranges.
- 24/7 Personal Butler service
- 24/7 room service
- 1 out-door pool (heated)
- Parking (free of charge)
- Steam bath
- Spice garden
- Massages and treatments room
- Beauty salon (Manicure and Pedicure)
- Souvenir shop
- Laundry service
- Internet access (all cottages)
- Evening entertainment (Cultural presentations)
- Executive suites connecting to a living room and private bedroom
- Luxurious lounges with sofas and assorted furniture
- Electric heaters
- Refrigerators with assorted drinks
- High speed Wireless Internet access
- Coffee maker with complimentary coffee and tea
- Bottled water
- Bathrobes and slippers available
- Bath amenities and toiletry items
- Hair Dryer, Iron and Board
- 50-inch flat screen television connected to DSTV
- Telephone Intercom services
- Children of all ages are welcome at Gorilla Heights Lodge.
Children under the age of 6 years stay for free.
Children between the ages of 6-12 years qualify for a 75% discount off the adult rate.
Children between the ages of 12-18 years qualify for a 50% discount off the adult rate.
- Child nanny services can be arranged on request.
- Swimming pool area is not fenced off but is supervised by a lifeguard.
- Children’s meal: Our chef can arrange special menus for children.